Simple, easy, and good would describe this dish. I made it for my wife and she thought it was good too. I enjoy trying out new recipes and then tweaking them to suit my family. I hope you enjoy this one.
What you need:
- 1 can of diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package of stuffing mix for chicken (I use store brand; it is less expensive)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (Buying a jar of already minced garlic is good too and you can use as much or as little as you want. I like enough to kill a vampire)
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken strips cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tsp of dried basil
- 1 cup shredded low fat mozzarella cheese
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place tomatoes in a medium sized bowl and add the stuffing mix, water and garlic; stir just until stuffing mix is moistened. Set aside.
Place the chicken in a 13×9 baking dish and sprinkle with basil and cheese. (I like adding steak seasoning here. It goes well with the stuffing mix) Top chicken with stuffing mix.
Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
Hope you enjoy it. Hit up the comments.