Have you ever made a list of goals that you wanted to accomplish and failed to meet those goals? Maybe you made too many. Maybe they seemed overwhelming. Maybe you tried it for a little while and gave up before you were halfway in.
Maybe you were afraid.
We don’t like to admit it but fear has the potential to trainwreck our plans. Before you know it, fear has developed into doubt. The doubt has caused disbelief and the plans that you have set out to accomplish have been derailed.
I know that there have been many times fear has been my setback. Fear has one desire. It wants to cripple you. If fear can stop you from accomplishing what God has put in you to accomplish, fear wins.
Have you ever:
- wanted to lose weight but ended up gaining all the weight back or never lost weight to begin with
- wanted to publish a book but was afraid that no one would read it
- knew you should invest more of yourself with your wife but you let yourself get distracted by less important things
- wanted to start your own business but you were afraid that you would not be successful
- wanted to read the Bible in a year but you got off track and before you knew it, you just gave up
- wanted to break a bad habit or quit being controlled by a certain sin in your life but you could not see a way out
- knew you should be building relationships with other people but you were stopped because you did not know what to say
I have been there.
Here is good news: You don’t have to stay there. Once you know where you are, it is easier to plan how to get to where you want to go.
I have been thinking a lot about 2 Timothy 1:7:
for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of love and power and self-control.
God did not give us a spirit of fear.
In fact, God gave us the Holy Spirit. The same Holy Spirit that raised Christ from the dead lives in you.
I don’t want you to go another year without accomplishing the vision that God has put in you. I don’t want fear and doubt to derail your dreams for another year.
2015 is around the corner.
I want to invite you to go on a journey with me.
2015 is going to be the year that we take action. This is going to be the year that we kick fear and doubt to the curb once and for all.
Are you ready to step fully into the life that God has called you to?
You cannot keep doing what you have always done and expect different results. It is time to change strategies. It is time that we ask God to change us.
I am committed to this journey.
I am inviting you to come along for the ride.
You can subscribe to the blog by email. You will receive a notification to confirm.
You can follow on Twitter: @jimmyproulx
You can follow on Facebook
You can follow on Instagram
Want me to disciple you, lead a Bible study or speak at your church or event? Click on the speaking tab.
It is time for us to be intentional. We need to focus and step out in faith. God is going to lead us and guide us but we have to take that first step.
Let’s do this.