January 1, we will be embarking on a one year journey.
My prayer for you is that by the end of next year, you will not be the same person that you are right now.
The focus of our journey includes applying the gospel to these areas of life:
- spiritual growth
- personal growth
- becoming the person your family needs
- becoming the person that your church needs
There is so much chaos happening in our world right now. It is hard to take a step back and know where to start to try and make a dent in the mess.
If we want to see racial tensions subside, the number of murders go down, and cities change; we have to bring hope to our cities.
Hope is not going to come from:
- Winning the lottery
- A book
- Dr. Phil
- The White House
Hope is only going to come when we take the gospel to our cities. Jesus is the gospel. We must speak Jesus to our cities. Jesus is in the business of transforming lives.
That is what we want to see: People’s lives wrecked and transformed by the power of the gospel through willing, obedient, and able disciples who know that they were put where they are to be missionaries to their city.
This is what we are praying for in 2015:
- Marriages to be reconciled
- Families restored
- Men to step up and lead their wives and families
- Men to teach the next generation that pulling a trigger is not the answer to our problems
- Men to treat women like women and not like an object that comes from their demented sexual fantasy
- For people to hear the gospel and respond by following Jesus. We are praying this for kids all the way to adults. The gospel is the power of God for salvation. We need to share the gospel with more people.
This is not about you learning new songs or memorizing more verses or attending another Bible study. This is about us embracing the call that God has put on our lives as disciples.
Once you get on board…this train has no stops.
There is no looking back.
There is no time for hesitations or “thinking about it.”
We are in this to bring much glory to Jesus.
We are going to ride this train until the wheels fall off!
Are you in?
If you need to catch up, here are two more posts that might be helpful.
I look forward to having you join me on this journey.